28 (Gemma), 31 (Phil)
Account Manager for Land Rover Global Events (Gemma), Police Officer (Phil)
Where do you come from :
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, UK
1. How did you meet?
At Phil’s brother’s wedding in 2003.
2. How did you get engaged?
As a surprise, Phil took me to the Landmark Hotel in London – my favourite hotel. He then took me to the diamond shops in Hatton Garden and New Bond Street, followed by a romantic dinner later that evening. We chose my engagement ring at Boodles on New Bond Street.
3. How did you choose where to conduct the ceremony and have the reception?
We both love Italy and liked the idea of hosting our closest family and friends at a beautiful villa in Tuscany for the weekend. When we found Villa Gambassi, we just fell in love with it and knew it was perfect for our numbers and budget. The Church – Santa Maria a Chianni – was even more perfect and meant that our guests didn’t have to travel far for the ceremony.
4. What research and planning did you do before the wedding?
We researched the whole of Tuscany but always came back to Villa Gambassi. It ticked every box. Our wedding planners, Tuscan Dreams, were so helpful and lovely and we just knew everything was right.
5. How many guests attended your wedding?
6. What did you ‘make from scratch’?
The Menus & Order of Service
7. What was your biggest extravagance?
The 7 course meal
8. Where did you save the most money?
On venue hire.
9. Would you change anything about your wedding?
No. It was perfect in every way.
10. What advice would you give to someone planning a wedding?
Always keep to your budgets and research the market.
The theme of your wedding and why did you chose that theme
Vintage, Lace, Fine Art, Classic.
Colour scheme of wedding:
Creams, whites, pinks, pastels
Harpist during drinks, Disco in the evening.