Name: Mawgan and Tom
Age: Mawgan – 28, Tom – 27
Profession: Mawgan -Mother to Caleb 15 months , Tom – Banker
Where do you come from : Mawgan – Nottingham, Tom – Surrey
1. How did you meet?
We met at Bath University in 2001 when I was in my final year of my Economics degree, and Tom was in the third year of his five year Structural and Civil Engineering Masters degree
2. How did you get engaged?
Tom proposed early one morning at home. I was so shocked I made him ask me again!
3. How did you choose where to conduct the ceremony and have the reception?
We looked at various places in and around London but none suited what we wanted. A family friend had got married the previous year in Italy and that inspired to look into the possibility of getting married there. We went backpacking in Italy in 2002 and had a wonderful time so it seemed like a great place to get married.
4. What research and planning did you do before the wedding?
We looked at lots of websites and then contacted Tuscan Dreams.
We got married in the magic Medieval hamlet of Certaldo and the venue was Villa Gambassi.
All the guests were also staying on site which made things very practical logistically.
5. How many guests attended your wedding?
6. What did you ‘make from scratch’?
We put together a booklet with information on the surrounding area, travel, car hire, restaurants and sent them to all our guests.
7. What was your biggest extravagance?
Photographer and wedding dress
8. Where did you save the most money?
Compared to the UK, the food was incredibly good value. We also did our own music so that we had complete control and only paid for the soundsystem.
9. Would you change anything about your wedding?
Nothing at all!
10. What advice would you give to someone planning a wedding?
Enjoy it and don’t get too caught up in the little details.
11. Colour scheme of wedding : FLOWERS – white and light pink calla lillies in tall vases.
As favours we had lovely bottles of Limoncello for the ladies and Grappa for the men to give it that Italian touch.
12. Music/entertainment: String quartet during ceremony and canapés then own music for the evening.